Essential Granada Free Tour
Guided tour in Granada. Immerse yourself in the history of Granada
Come and join our Essential Granada Free Tour if you want to discover the most popular and central areas of the city, the Cathedral, the Royal Chapel, Alcaicería…
Anecdotes, leyends, history at your fingertips; an experience that will help you understand and feel closer to the magic of the Nasrid Kingdom of Granada. Be amazed by the contrasts of its streets, come and discover the center of Granada with local tour guides who are brimming with love for their city and for the legacy it shares with two of the most powerful empires of history.
During this tour we will lose ourselves in the magical alleyways of Albaicín, we’ll explain the social and political changes that followed after the Christian conquest and we will bring you closer to what life was like in every corner of Granada. This walk is going to take you to the emblematic places of what is probably the most multi-cultural neighborhood in all of Spain. A very complete stroll around the city that will make you fall for its wonderful charm.
Live the history in Granada!
Special booking conditions due to Covid-19:
- To participate in the free tour, the traveller must make a mandatory reservation.
- The free tour will only take place with a minimum of 5 adults.
- The tour will be cancelled if we do not have a minimum of 5 adults booked 18 hours before the start time of the tour. Walk in Granada will contact the travellers to inform them about the cancellation of the tour.
At 11:00 am
Pay what you think it was worth
Next to the fountain of Plaza Nueva
Look for the RED umbrella
Flat with some slopes
*This tour runs with the minimum participation of 5 adults.
- Water, comfortable footwear and sunscreen.
- It is not possible to do this tour in wheelchair.
- Locker Service
Do you need a place to leave your bags during the tour? You can do it at Hotel Plaza Nueva (next to the meeting point). For Walk in Granada customers the price will be € 3 per bag (always that the bags are collected the same day)
Preventive measures against Covid-19
At Walk in Granada we’ve worked hand in hand with our partners (guides, accommodations, restaurants, transport) from the outset so that all our services guarantee health and safety at all times.
This are some of the safety measures we’ve implemented in our services:
- Urban guided tours or activities will have a maximum capacity of 20 people per group.
- A distance of 1,5 metres between each client will be maintained wherever possible.
- The use of masks is mandatory for both our guides and clients.
- Hydroalcoholic gel will be provided to our clients upon request.
- All the personnel involved in our services (guides, drivers etc) will wear masks during the service.
For more information regarding our preventive measures against Covid-19 please click on the following LINK.
You can also book our other free tours…
What did they think of the visit?
Took the “Essential Granada” tour this morning with Borja and it was great. He was extremely knowledgeable about the multicultural history of the city. Learned lots of interesting facts – from the role food played in politics to the effect construction around the Alhambra had on the health of the city. Could have listened to him all day. Highly recommend.
Just loved the tour! It was really relaxed and well planned with amazing viewpoints that are not crowded with tourists. Our tour guide Pedro was amazing! He was cordial, friendly with a great sense of humor ^_^ If you have less than two days in Granada, this walking is a must! My rating? 11 on the scale of 10!!!! 🙂
We did the free walking tour with guide Nacho. The guide told us a lot, both about the history of the city as about its buildings. He also knew a lot curious facts and stories. The guide was also funny and very helpful. Great experience!