Albaicín & Sacromonte Free Tour
A tour that connects two of the most special quarters of Granada!
This new free tour combines the old Muslim quarter and the gypsy quarter. Both are located on hills with amazing views of each other, and always under the watchful eye of the Alhambra.
You can’t get to know Granada without visiting its heart, the Albaicin quarter. Situated on a hill in front of the Alhambra the neighborhood is a magnificent viewpoint from which you can appreciate the red fortress from any of its angles. Its labyrinthine and winding streets responds to its Muslim origin by combining the typical Arab constructions, with their impeccable whitewash, with Renaissance towers. Walk its streets and soak up the smell of orange blossom and jasmine from its traditional ‘carmenes’, see the busiest squares in the neighborhood where tradition and modernity merge and let yourself be carried away by the spirit that roams the streets of this beautiful neighborhood.
Right next to the Albaicín we find the valley of Valparaíso, a natural enclave of the Sacromonte district. Flamenco and art flood each of its corners, the caves on the hill become flamenco stages and the guitars carry the rhythm of this unique neighborhood.
Special booking conditions due to Covid-19:
- To participate in the free tour, the traveller must make a mandatory reservation.
- The free tour will only take place with a minimum of 5 adults.
- The tour will be cancelled if we do not have a minimum of 5 adults booked 18 hours before the start time of the tour. Walk in Granada will contact the travellers to inform them about the cancellation of the tour.
(until June 30th)
(Oct. 1st to Mar. 31st)
(Abr. 1st to Sep. 30th)
PAY WHAT YOU THINK
IT WAS WORTH!
GROUP OF 10 PEOPLE MAXIMUM
- Plaza Nueva
- Aljibes of the Albaicín
- Placeta del Comino
- San Nicolas viewpoint
- Cruz de Rauda
- Mario Maya
- Camino del Sacromonte
- Paseo de los Tristes
Next to the fountain at PLAZA NUEVA
Look for the RED UMBRELLA
Type of terrain: Cobble-stoned streets and some slopes
*This tour is made with the participation of at least 5 adults.
- Water, comfortable shoes and sunscreen.
- It is not possible to carry out this tour with baby carriages or wheelchairs.
- Locker Service
Do you need a place to leave your bags during the tour? You can do it at Hotel Plaza Nueva (next to the meeting point). For Walk in Granada customers the price will be € 3 per bag (always that the bags are collected the same day)
Preventive measures against Covid-19
At Walk in Granada we’ve worked hand in hand with our partners (guides, accommodations, restaurants, transport) from the outset so that all our services guarantee health and safety at all times.
This are some of the safety measures we’ve implemented in our services:
- Urban guided tours or activities will have a maximum capacity of 10 people per group.
- A distance of 1,5 metres between each client will be maintained wherever possible.
- The use of masks is mandatory for both our guides and clients.
- Hydroalcoholic gel will be provided to our clients upon request.
- All the personnel involved in our services (guides, drivers etc) will wear masks during the service.
For more information regarding our preventive measures against Covid-19 please click on the following LINK.