Preventive measures against Covid-19
At Walk in Granada we’ve worked hand in hand with our partners (guides, accommodations, restaurants, transport) from the outset so that all our services guarantee health and safety at all times.
We started our company from the very beginning with a focus on responsible tourism, so it’s only natural for us to consistently follow our philosophy: social, environmental, labour and health responsibility!
This is why Walk in Granada has the distinctive seal of “Andalucia Segura“. The local government uses this to identify companies that comply with all the safety measures for COVID-19. This guarantees you are going to enjoy an experience that respects all the health and safety measures set by the WHO and the National authorities.
These are the safety measures we’ve implemented in our services:
- Urban guided tours or activities will have a maximum capacity of 20 people. For groups taking part in nature and active tourism activities, the size will be capped at 30 people.
- A distance of 1.5 metres between each client will be maintained wherever possible.
- The use of masks is mandatory for both our guides and clients.
- Hydroalcoholic gel will be provided to our clients upon request.
- All the personnel involved in our services (guides, drivers etc) will wear masks and gloves during the service.
- Where necessary, properly disinfected or single-use headsets/whispers/radioguides will be used.
- The guide will remind everyone at the start of the activity about the preventative measures that are in place, and will urge everyone to follow these guidelines throughout the course of the activity.
- The distribution of printed materials such as maps and brochures will be avoided.
- Any type of greeting or farewell that involves physical contact will be avoided.
- The use of cash will be limited as far as possible, and the use of cards or electronic payment methods will be prioritised for the payment of services.
- At the time of booking, clients will be sent a document outlining the preventative measures that are being taken in terms of health and safety during the service. Information will also be sent about the locations and contact details of health care and emergency centres, in the event the client develops COVID-19 symptoms and needs to see a professional.
- All personnel who are in contact with clients will be monitored for symptoms, and if any develop a fever or other related symptoms they will be placed in quarantine for 14 days.
- All transport vehicles will be disinfected before and after each service, and cleaned thoroughly every 24 hours.
- Having the voucher or booking on your phone will be enough. Printing it won’t be necessary.
These measures follow the guidelines and recommendations for reducing the spread of the SARS-CoV-2 coronavirus, obtained from the document prepared by the Committee of Technicians established by ICTE in collaboration with CEFAPIT (Spanish Confederation of Tour Guides Federations and Associations), and agreed with the Spanish Association of Labor Prevention Services (AESPLA), PRLInnovacion, and with the CCOO and UGT unions. Coordinated by the Secretary of State for Tourism, the Autonomous Communities and the FEMP. You can view the complete document by clicking on the following link (available only in spanish):